Due to a sedentary lifestyle resulting from excessive use of computers and mobile phones, tech neck usually begins with a minor discomfort caused by sitting in a certain position for hours looking at a screen.
What effect does Tech Neck have on the body?
Halasana: Benefits of Plow Pose
Pregnant Alia Bhatt wears heels while promoting ‘Brahmastra’, is it safe to do so?
How to prevent tech neck?
Here are some tech neck tips:
Work out twice a day?Important tips to keep in mind
Smartphones and laptops speed up aging: Excessive blue light from gadgets may accelerate aging process: study
- Raise the screen on a higher platform: Always keep the screen above your head to avoid bending your neck. If you use your smartphone for an extended period of time, always keep it close to eye level.
- Take short breaks between tasks: If you have a sedentary job that involves sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time, be sure to get up every half hour and take a short walk to relax your back and eye muscles. It also helps improve blood circulation.
- Sit with correct posture: Most of the time I suffer from back problems due to incorrect sitting and standing posture. Therefore, it is important to know how to sit with your neck straight and back.
- Do not tilt your head while using the phone. Often subconsciously, we tilt our chins down so that we can look at the phone properly. However, you need to be at eye level with the phone screen without dropping your head.
- Sit in a suitable chair with a backrest. If you work at your computer for long periods of time, make sure you have a chair with adequate back and armrests.
- exercise: After your day’s work, take time to stretch and flex your muscles and move your body. Walk, swim, run, or even ride a bike for at least 30-40 minutes each day. Also, do neck exercises to increase flexibility in your periphery.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions provided in the article are for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before doing so.