A positive attitude towards business creates positive business goals
Downers Grove, Illinois, September 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — America’s small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are shifting focus from maintaining the status quo to implementing new innovations and hiring skilled tech workers, according to new research from information technology nonprofit CompTIA (IT) industry and workforce.
“SMBs are returning to a strategic, revenue-generating mindset centered around innovation and hiring additional technical staff.”
The return to a growth mindset is reflected in both SMBs’ positive outlook for business and technology investment plans. CompTIA’s “SMB Tech Buying Trends” is a survey of 650 US companies with fewer than 250 employees.
“Small businesses that have been on the defensive for over two years just to stay in business have returned to a strategic, revenue-generating mindset centered around innovation, hiring additional technical staff, training and certification. We are investing more. Carolyn AprilCompTIA Senior Director, Industry Analysis.
Hiring skilled workers to advance strategic goals is cited as the top goal by 39% of respondents, up from 25% in 2021. These more aggressive goals are consistent with our general optimism about the current state of business.
Eight out of ten SMBs express positive feelings about the health of their business, with 51% stable and 30% thriving. We are also generally positive about our outlook over the next 12 months. A net 53% are very or somewhat optimistic about the industry’s outlook, even more bullish about their company, and a net 60% are optimistic.
“These positive sentiments are tempered by concerns about inflation, recession, supply chain challenges and other macroeconomic issues,” April said. We can’t, but we’re building a cash reserve, developing a system of backup suppliers for goods and services, and focusing on marketing and innovation.”
Just over half (52%) of small businesses report technology spending levels that are aligned with their business goals, while the remaining 48% believe their spending is either too low or too high for a variety of reasons. Annual spending on technology is $10,000 To $250,000 Two thirds of SMB.
“The gap between the reality of spending and the need to actually spend is a perennial problem for SMBs who are constantly managing resource allocations,” April said. “However, when strategic thinking about business goals and the role technology plays in achieving them is on track as it is today, committing to further investment by business owners is key to success. I hope it helps to support them from another unexpected physical blow.”
CompTIA’s “SMB Tech Buying Trends” August 2022 For an in-depth analysis of survey results of 650 US SMB technology and business professionals, visit the CompTIA blog and CompTIA Volley podcast.
Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) 5 trillion dollars A global information technology ecosystem. and an estimated 75 million industry and technology professionals who design, implement, manage and secure the technologies that power the global economy. CompTIA is the hub for unlocking the potential of the technology industry and its workforce through education, training, certification, advocacy, philanthropy and market research. https://www.comptia.org/
View original content and download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/smbs-return-to-strategic-mindset-plan-tech-investments-to-support-innovation-and- recruitment-new-comptia-study-reveals-301629931.html