CARBONDALE, IL — The Southern Illinois University volleyball team will head to Martin, Tennessee on Tuesday, August 30 to face the UT Martin Skyhawks. His five-set comeback win of the season at Carbondale on 3 September 2021.
All Time vs Skyhawks
- Southern are 15-3 against UT Martin and have won six straight against the Skyhawks.
- On September 3, 2021, the Saluki defeated the Skyhawks at home, 3–2.
- Southern is a perfect 12-0 record against UT Martin on the home floor dating back to 1975. Saluki did so in a historically compelling way as he dropped just his seven sets to UT Martin (32-7) during that stretch.
- SIU’s last loss in the series was in 2011, 3–2 in Starksville, Mississippi.
Last time vs UT Martin
- Saluki overcame a 2-1 deficit at the Bantera Center on 3 September 2021, beating UT Martin 3-2 (25-27, 25-12, 23-25, 30-28, 15-7). I beat it.
- Four different Salukis scored double-digit kills. Natalie Garcia.
- On defense, Digg has had four players reach double figures. Katie Kluge.
- Anna Jaworski He masterfully manipulated the SIU’s offense for 71 assists, 8 digs and 2 kills. His 71 assists for Jaworski are the most by a Saluki in a game in his scoring era (since 2000), and the seventh most in school history overall.
automatic on the outside
- Tatum Tornatta 375 clip and averaged 3.22 kills and .89 blocks per set over the weekend’s two SIU games.
- The junior outside hitter racked up double-digit kills in each of the Southern’s two games, including a season-high 15 kills at Saturday’s granbling match.
- The Evansville, Indiana product had 14 kills, five digs and five blocks against SIUE on Friday, and a career-best .
- Tornatta currently ranks sixth in MVC batting average (.375) after completing the first weekend of the 2022 season.
back to the middle
- Imani Hartfield Defensively, she made her presence on Saluki’s front row in two games over the weekend.
- The redshirt sophomore averaged 1.11 blocks per set with 2.44 kills and 0.78 digs per set.
- Hartfield finished with 16 kills, 6 blocks and 4 digs against SIUE and 4 kills, 4 blocks and 3 digs against Grambling on Saturday.
- Hartfield’s set average of 1.11 blocks is the fifth-highest average in MVC after the first weekend of play.
what a debut
- Cesi Bluman Saluki made his historic debut on Friday 26 August against SIUE.
- Bulmaan’s 15 kills equaled the most kills in a season debut by a freshman in school history.
- Bühlmann tied Hayley Hann’s 15 school record in 2003, which Hann set against Austin Peay.
- Bühlmann had 10 kills in Saturday’s grambling match, and her 2.75 kills per set average is currently the best of any freshman in the Valley.