Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the world’s most famous artists, including U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole and Lady Gaga. As a leader in the music industry, we always want talented and motivated individuals to join our family.
how we lead
Legendary Geffen Records, one of the labels within IGA and home to artists such as Olivia Rodrigo, BTS, Yeat and Yungblud, is currently looking for a Head of Pop/Rock and Marketing. The role will focus on the long-term growth and development of his Geffen artists in pop/rock, based in the company’s Santa Monica, Calif.
We are looking for someone with the passion and high energy to run the pop rock marketing team for this rapidly expanding music label.
In this role, you will recommend, evaluate and oversee global interactive marketing strategies leveraging technology partners, digital developers and social media. Core capabilities include creating/implementing digital tools and products to increase fan engagement, working with internal and external partners to ensure campaign support and participation, and overseeing the execution of progressive marketing strategies. included.
This role will be responsible for working directly with Universal Artists and their representatives, executive staff and departments within the IGA. This position is a visible and important role both inside and outside the organization.
How to make
- Work closely with artists and their representatives to develop interactive marketing goals and initiatives
- Oversee the execution of campaigns focused on global audience engagement
- Direct and approve the creative process for internal and external technology builds
- Manage, interpret and report on the performance of digital initiatives
- Be a creative visionary, drive progressive marketing campaigns, and inspire innovation across your team
- Collaborate with other IGA teams including commercial, radio, production, A&R and international
- Acquire a marketing budget for projects and campaigns
Bring Your Vibes:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in music marketing
- An insatiable thirst for innovation, experimentation and reinvention
- Experience in global music marketing, ideally working with a catalog artist
- Expert-level understanding of the technologies and markets that underpin the music industry today and tomorrow
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, fan engagement and analytics
- Proven ability to build and manage strategic marketing partnerships
- Familiarity with collaboration and asset management tools
- Excellent presentation, communication and analytical skills
- A passion for bringing music to the world in innovative ways
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Competitive compensation package including generous 401k savings plan with salary, benefits and company matching
- Flexible paid and paid time off, 2 weeks “winter break”, Wellness Fridays (all year round)
- Medical, dental, eye insurance
- Student loan repayment assistance and tuition reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- A Robust Employee Assistance Program (For You and Your Loved Ones)
- Annual benefits including fitness, travel and home enhancements
- Reimbursement for nutrition and spa treatments
Universal Music Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Currently, all UMG employees are required to receive a full vaccination against COVID-19 or undergo a PCR test prior to entering company offices, unless an exemption has been approved or prohibited by applicable law. Or you must provide proof of a negative antigen test.
Disclaimer: This job description provides only a summary of job duties subject to change.