The summer transfer market is fast approaching its September 1st deadline, and there’s a lot of gossip about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz about rumors, comings and goings, and of course, trading!
TOP STORY: Ronaldo is eager to return to Sporting where his career began
Cristiano Ronaldo According to Marca, a return to his boyhood club, Portugal’s Sporting CP, is imminent.
Real Madrid were understood to be the preferred option for the 37-year-old Manchester United striker, but Carlo Ancelotti’s side had no interest in returning him to the Bernabéu.
A Spanish outlet says Ronaldo has decided his best option is to return to the Lisbon-based team, which may not be able to compete financially with other offers, but A relationship with the Portuguese national team could be enough to convince him to end his career…where it began.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS and more (US)
Last year, Ronaldo’s mother told Sporting supporters that she would try to persuade him to return to the club. However, he joined United instead, where the team performed poorly and missed out on this season’s Champions League.
Ronaldo has recently signed deals with Marseille and AC Milan, but it seems most likely that he will return to Portugal.
10.21 British Times: Reported by Fabrizio Romano Reached full agreement with CheIsea and RayCester City for center back Wesley Fofana.
After turning down multiple transfer offers from the Blues, Brendan Rodgers’ side have remained steadfast, but Leicester seem to have finally shown no mercy.
The 21-year-old is keen to move to Stamford Bridge and was recently instructed to train with the U21s after missing first-team training.
The transfer fee is reportedly set at £75m including add-ons, falling short of the world-record £80m that Leicester received from Manchester United for Harry Maguire.
Fofana signs a six-year contract through 2028.
09.42 BST: Daily Mail reports Chelsea want to sign Arsene Zaharian From Dynamo Moscow.
The 19-year-old Zaharyan reportedly has a £12.6m release clause and the Blues are ready to fire it. The midfielder has his four caps in the Russian senior team.
However, it is not yet clear if Chelsea will be able to sign players from Russian clubs due to economic sanctions against Russia.
09.00 BST: Manchester United are considering whether to make a better bid Anthony A source told ESPN’s Rob Dawson after seeing a €90million offer that Ajax rejected on Friday.
United had increased their offer after an €80m offer was turned down earlier this month, but it wasn’t enough to persuade Ajax to agree. Sources told ESPN that United are considering whether to place another bid or turn their attention to other targets.
On Friday night, the player made it public that he would like to move to Old Trafford.
“Today, in a meeting with the club, I expressed my interest in leaving from before, but this time I had a sizeable offer,” he told Fabrizio Romano. “Others have already arrived. Ajax refused with the argument that they only had five days to replace me.
“I’m not asking to release me. I’m asking Ajax to sell me for the highest amount that a player who has played in the Eredivisie has received. So that the club can rebuild its team, I am asking. I’ve been advocating for this subject since February. Rest assured.”
– Manchester United Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, reported by Gianluca Di Marzio. The 33-year-old forward has been linked with a move away from Barcelona this summer and has yet to reach an agreement with Chelsea. BlaugranaThe Red Devils are hoping to sign the striker before the Premier League transfer window closes on Thursday.
– Marcelo He has been out of contract since his contract with Real Madrid expired this summer, but now has a formal offer from Bayer Leverkusen, writes Foot Mercato. The 34-year-old left-back has yet to decide on his next move but is believed to be attracting the attention of Ligue 1 side Nice and Serie A side Monza. Marcelo played only 12 of his La Liga appearances for Carlo Ancelotti’s side last season.
– Premier League side Brighton and Hove Albion took a $4 million approach Facundo Buonanotteaccording to Cesar Louis MerlotThe Seagulls are understood to be keen on the 17-year-old Rosario Central attacking midfielder, but the Argentinian side hopes their offer will improve if they part ways with him.
– Internazionale have decided to avoid further offers for the centre-back milan scrinialSpeaking of the 27-year-old Slovakian national team, CEO Giuseppe Marotta said: Fabrizio Romano“He will certainly stay with us. The owner has decided not to be tempted by Paris Saint-Germain’s bids or approaches. He is an important player for us and he will stay.”